Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pinhole Study #1

Previously I had written a post about my idea to construct a pinhole camera in the pursuit of a new hazy, dreamlike perspective in my work. I wrote about building a pinhole camera and photographing sky. I had promised to share the painting studies that I would create based on this experiment. I have finally completed my first pinhole study, and would like to share it with you here. Because most pinhole cameras produce square images, I selected a square format for my painting study to evoke a similar feel. I wanted the edges of the study to be dark and hazy, to suggest the feeling of peering through a small pinhole into another more beautiful world.

Currently, I have two more pinhole studies in the works, and can’t wait to post the images here once completed. After I have finished these studies, I plan to create a large-scale pinhole inspired painting. I have enjoyed this new artistic journey, and sharing it here with you. More to come…

Pinhole Study #1, 2010. Oil on panel. 12 x 12.

2 comments:

  1. I thought that I had commented here. *sigh* I must of imagined it. I really like this work.

    ReplyDelete