Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Pinhole Study #2


Posted below is an image of my second pinhole painting study. My third pinhole study is currently in the works, and I will share it with you here once it has been completed. I plan to begin a large square painting based on these studies. Due to these studies, I have concluded that I like the concept of peering through a small hole or window into another more captivating world. There is something so haunting about that idea. It is beautiful, almost intangible, yet hopeful.

In case you missed my previous posts about my pinhole project and my relentless quest for a new perspective, you can find them all here.

Pinhole Study #2, 2010. Oil on panel, 12 x 12.

2 comments:

  1. Peering through a small hole to view another space reminds me of the ancient Chinese porcelain eggs. Erotic intricate paintings were painted on the inside through a tiny hole by master craftsmen. The idea being that only one person could view the artwork at the one time.

    I am very interested to see where this ends up. cheers Kim

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fascinating piece of art history, Kim. I don't believe I had heard of anything like what you described, very interesting! Thanks for sharing, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete