Friday, March 12, 2010

The Pinhole Project

Months ago I had the idea to construct a pinhole camera to photograph my paintings and whatever else struck my eye. A pinhole camera is the simplest of cameras with no lens and a small aperture. I wanted to see how the pinhole would distort my paintings primarily for the sake of a new perspective on my work, and to continue with the dreamlike, surreal quality I have been striving to achieve in my paintings. I am interested in the otherworldly aspect often evoked with a pinhole camera. I am seeking the same aspect in my work.

Months have passed and I have still yet to begin this project. I bought a pinhole camera kit that currently still remains in the box. I decided I would be held most accountable to complete this idea by posting the stages here on my blog. I will begin construction on the camera this weekend and post the progress here very soon. Please stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment