Wednesday, June 17, 2009

A New Cloud Formation Discovered? I’m Not So Sure...

Recently in the news there has been talk of a new and unusual cloud formation becoming more prevalent in skies around the world. The new variety has been named by the Cloud Appreciation Society as “asperatus,” or Latin for “roughed up.”

While I am a proud member of the Cloud Appreciation Society, I have my doubts that this is indeed a new variety of cloud, unseen before. Although currently the large majority of my paintings are created from atmospheres that I have imagined in my mind, I still spend a great deal of time observing the sky. I have for years. I think it should be a requirement if you live under brilliant Colorado skies. Clearly, I am no expert, but I can say with confidence that I have seen this type of cloud for as long as I have been observing the sky.

I'll let you decide: http://cloudappreciationsociety.org/june-09/


No comments:

Post a Comment