Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Currently on My Studio Wall


Lately I have been “in the zone,” with my most recent work in progress. After spending several months on smaller paintings for commissions and shows, it is wonderful to work on a very large scale again. When stretched, this piece will measure 56” x 78” and already that seems small. I would love to work ever larger.

A few months ago I completed a painting, Golden Crucible, below:

Golden Crucible, 2009. Oil and oilbar on canvas, 52 x 44.

I was happy with the piece, and wanted to continue to explore the composition and color, but on a larger scale. My current painting draws from Golden Crucible, expanding upon the composition and the enveloping feeling evoked in Golden Crucible.

Below are some photos of my painting in progress. I still have more work to do on the piece, but the photos will give you an idea of my progress. I will post an image of the painting once it has been completed, so please stay tuned.


detail

No comments:

Post a Comment