Tuesday, February 16, 2010

The Sacred Studio

Rembrandt van Rijn, The Artist in his Studio, c.1629.

I was recently reminded of the Rembrandt painting, The Artist in his Studio, posted above. I have always felt a connection with this painting as an artist. The fondness and peace Rembrandt must have felt for his studio is clear in this painting. A quiet simplicity and warmth exists in the space. Rembrandt’s painting sums up exactly the way I feel about my studio. Hundreds of years have passed, yet the emotion remains the same.

The studio of an artist is sacred and magical. This is where the dreams, thoughts, and ideas are brought to reality. It is the medium between the mind’s eye of the artist and the realization of that vision.

When I am in my studio, time stops. It is just my vision and my work. I am entirely at peace and all worries are forgotten. I believe that everyone needs a sacred place to think and create.

Me in my studio .

No comments:

Post a Comment