Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A New Direction

My latest painting continues with my recent theme of airplane skies. For me, this is a new direction in my work. I strive to create the sense of otherworldliness and the surreal. The jury is still out on whether I will continue with this new theme. All I can do is to paint what I feel, and currently I crave open, peaceful, and dreamlike spaces found in airplane skies. I desire to create these places. I really can’t explain the reason why. I am fascinated with them at the moment. I want to communicate what I feel through my work; things I can’t put into words.

Airplane skies captivate me for their quiet and tranquility. I am removed from problems and trivial matters when I am gazing out the window at 35,000 ft.

I feel as though I have entered a dream world cruising above the earth. There’s an unusual sense of peace in the high levels of atmosphere. That’s where I want to be.

Celestial Maypole, 2009. Oil and oilbar on canvas, 66 x 72.

2 comments: