Sunday, September 27, 2009

My Empty Studio

Thursday this past week I was left with an empty studio, which is a rarity for me. I have been working on a large (5 ½ ft x 9 ft) painting that was shipped last week to its new home in California. Also contributing to my blank walls, seven of my paintings were shipped to New York for my upcoming solo show with Viridian Artists opening October 6. Currently, three of my larger pieces are on reserve for a show with Earthwood Gallery in Boulder, CO opening on October 2. Needless to say, the last few months have been quite busy at my studio in preparation for these shows, as well as perfecting such a large commissioned piece.

Whenever I am faced with an empty studio, I am inspired and excited to begin creating again. It feels like a blank slate in a way and I look forward to whatever may be next.

P.S. All of my newest work was photographed before leaving the studio. The new images will be posted here, so please check back here soon!

First Storm, Fall Equinox, 2009. Oil and oilbar on canvas, 52 x 44.

No comments:

Post a Comment