Monday, October 4, 2010

Works on Paper / Works in Progress

Maybe it is the abundance of natural light in my new studio or maybe it is my recent travels, but for some reason, lately I have felt compelled to start a new series of oil on paper paintings. I am captivated by the idea of a surreal dream-like world that exists in the upper levels of atmosphere. From an airplane window, I love looking at building thunderheads that are so striking from above, yet appear so ominous from below.

Posted below are two of my newest works on paper, both still in progress. I am planning a new series based around this theme of building thunderheads viewed from above. Stayed tuned for more soon...



2 comments:

  1. Oh Laura they are beautiful, truly beautiful. I am fascinated by clouds and often photograph clouds, especially thunderheads but the photos never truly do the clouds justice. You have captured them really well, especially that top painting.

    ReplyDelete