Monday, November 16, 2009

Rousillon Sky, Flight AF 7681, 6:50AM

After all of my previous entries about the inspiration I have found from airplane skies, I figured it was finally time I delivered some proof of my work. I recently completed some studies of these skies, each piece being 12 x 12, oil on panel. I have posted the images below. The four pieces were created after a sky I witnessed high above the stunning French countryside at dawn. Currently, I am working on a large piece (66 x 72) based on these studies. I will have more images of this new series soon. I’ll keep you posted.





2 comments:

  1. I took a lot of photos from the plane window coming home from Spain last summer. the light and space is amazing and is beautifully captured here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mairi! I really appreciate your kind comments about my work. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete